Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lake Powell-Pregnancy update!



Well a couple weeks ago we took a trip to Lake Powell with my family! Yes, I know super daring and kinda dumb/silly of me considering I was 36 weeks pregnant and could have gone into labor there.. Ya that would have been interesting! But here I am back and safe and now 38 weeks pregnant and still no baby..Haha can you tell I am defiantly ready to meet our little man?! I can't wait to hold him and cuddle him and let's be honest I just want to stop feeling pain!! haha. Anyway back to our trip! Well the doctor cleared me a couple days before to go so we decided lets do it and we will just play it by ear and see what happens and if that means we need to go home early we will. My parents made a plan to park the houseboat pretty close to the marina just in case anything did happen we could get back quickly and get help or get home! Also the short drive would save gas so that we could keep the generator on the whole time to give me and my huge belly lots of AC!! Well we got there and the AC was broken :( I was not too happy about it but luckily September is not the hottest time to be there so I think I did pretty good. I only had one big melt down on a really hot day and it was because i didn't keep hydrated as much as I should have and didn't get in the water as often to cool down. Before we went Bren went and bought us these awesome floaties so that I could relax in the water all day since I wasn't able to do much/any boat riding. That floaty was a life saver! It was so much fun and felt so nice to just relax in the water! My parents, Trev, Kenzie, Corinne and Bren did a lot of wake-boarding waterskiing and surfing and had a lot of fun! We took a few close adventure rides on the boat so that I could come and enjoy the lake a bit with them. All together the trip was so fun and It was so nice to get away and not have to stress about work for a week. It was also nice to come home and be out of the heat and stop stressing about going into labor in Page, Arizona! Haha. Thanks again mom and dad for such a fun trip!!! We love you guys!

As for a quick pregnancy update: I am 38 weeks now and as of last week I was dilated to a 2 and 85% effaced! I have been having a lot of back and leg pain and lately cramps and small contractions! Unfortunately they are not big enough or constant enough to go in and have our little guy but i hope it's progressing! I go into the doctor in a couple days to get checked again and either hopefully the baby comes before the doctors appointment or very very shortly after! I am defiantly tired of being pregnant! haha. Don't get me wrong.. I love feeling him move around and feeling a special bond with him but I am so ready to just meet him, cuddle, kiss, and just be with him! I also can't wait to see Brendon be a daddy! He is gonna do such a great job! He has been really anxious this week especially since the doc told us most likely the baby would be hear early! He has been egging me on to do anything and everything to get this little guy to grace us with his presence! We can't wait! I will try to be patient a little longer though!! Now here are some pics from our trip! I only have one of me on the float cause that's all you need to see!! hahaha

Me Bren and Rinne floating


Dad and Harley in the boat


My dad is such a great skier! So fun to watch!


Rinne Wake-boarding


Bren and Harley hanging out


Mom, Dad, Harley


This is our beautiful view every morning! It was always this glassy!


Trev and Kenzie


Bren Wake-boarding


Picture from top of sandune everyone climbed while I floated below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment