Monday, September 6, 2010

Trip to Oregon!

A couple weeks ago Brendon and I took a last minute trip to Oregon to visit his family! It was one of the last times I could fly being pregnant and I have never been there in the summer so it worked out perfect.

We flew into Portland and ate a the yummiest seafood restaurant ever! I wish we lived by it my mouth waters just thinking about it! That night Bren and I slept over at his brother Ryan's house because Ryan was going to have a busy work week so he wasn't going to be able to come to Bend with us for the rest of the trip and we wanted to be able to spend some time with him! We surprised the kids that morning when they woke up for church and found us sleeping! It is so fun to be around those wild things! They are so cute and we wish we could see them more!

Next we drove out to Salem to Brendon's parents house and had a yummy lunch and then got ready to leave for Bend! Bend was so much fun and so beautiful! We spent the rest of the trip there swimming, eating, relaxing, doing crafts with the kids, practicing how to change a diaper and swaddle a baby with our new nephew Brady, and just a lot of playing with the kids! Sydney is such a girly girl and a little princess and Tyler is totally opposite he is such a boy! They are both so funny! Tyler gave Brendon the nickname "Monster Bren" he was "T-Rex Ty" and papa was "Pirate Papa" it was so funny.

To finish off our awesome trip Gayle and Doug surprised us with a trip up the mountain and let Brendon drive Doug's new Porche!! He was in heaven! It was such a beautiful drive and such a pretty view of the lake when we got to the restaurant! We didn't want to leave!

We just wanted to say thank you a million again to Gayle and Doug for the fun trip! They are so sweet and generous and we always have so much fun it is so hard to leave every time!! We can't wait til this Christmas when we get to bring our little guy out there for the first time!!

Pregnancy updates: I am now just about 35 weeks pregnant with just 5 weeks to go! Maybe sooner... But hopefully not too soon! We are so excited to meet our little guy but I am also nervous and need a little bit more time to prepare for him! I just had an awesome family shower and it helped me feel so much more prepared for him and I still have 3 more showers to go! I feel so spoiled! I am getting pretty uncomfortable and I have had a lot of sleepless nights! Brendon has been such a great support to help me get as comfortable as possible and cheers me up when I get to emotional!!! Thanks Bren! I owe you big time!!

Now here are a bunch of pics from our trip!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment