Monday, December 3, 2012

Norah Jeanne Alexander

So yes I know... I am super behind on posting so here is Norah's birth story! On August 13 2012 I was up all the night before with a lot of cramping and discomfort. I woke Bren around 530 and we tried to figure out if this was labor or not. I had been dialted to a 4 for 3 weeks and kept getting sent home and I really didn't feel like doing that again. Anyway I decided to wait for contractions to get closer together so Bren said the only way he would go in to work was if my mom came over to be with me and help me with Hudson. My mom agreed and started to head over to pick me and Hudson up. By the time she got there I had a lot of pressure and more cramps. We decided we would go take Hudson to her house so Kenzie could watch him and then head to the hospital just so I could get checked. By the time we got to my moms real contractions had begun. And the drive up Wasatch was horrible!! We got behind a stupid slow driver and I wanted to scream! The contractions started at 7 min then 5 and before I knew it they were two min apart as we got to foothill drive! I was not feeling okay at all and my mom was reviewing in her head how to deliver a baby because we were now stuck in traffic on foothill! We finally made it to the hospital and a stupid lady asked if I wanted a wheel chair but she moved way too slow getting it so I booked it as fast as I could waddle to the elevator! The nurses checked me in ASAP and sure enough I was dialted to an 8.5! And 100% thinned. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I wanted the epidural now! And where was Brendon?! Was he gonna make it? My water haven't broken so they decided to wait to break it after Bren got there cause they knew it would go super quick from there! Bren finally got there and so did the anesthesiologist! My BFF! The epidural went great! About 20 min later they came and broke my water and about 20 min after that it was time to push. Her heart rate was dropping so he said we needed to do this quick and sure enough 3 big pushes later my little princess arrived! So healthy and beautiful! The cord was wrapped around her neck and body but everything was okay! She was born at 11:13 am weighing 7.1 lbs and 19 3/4 inches! She had a full head of black hair even more then Hudson did! Life was perfect! Gayle made it 10 min after she was born after driving very quickly from staying the night in Idaho falls! It was so great to have our family there. Hudson came a couple hours later which I had a really hard time with cause he was my little baby and I didn't know how I could give my love to both of them! Boy was I wrong. I love these two angels with all of my heart!! I am so lucky and blessed beyond belief!! Here are just a couple pics!









No comments:

Post a Comment